It’s time for an update, too much has happened in the last couple weeks I need to catch you up! So we will play bullet point catch up! So, if you want more details, comment below or send me a message.
- San Diego transplant team called me back after reviewing my records and want to see me in person! This means that they do not feel they can turn me down for transplant without seeing “the whole patient”! Which is weird cause three other places said no without seeing my smiling face but whatever. I still feel that 99% I am not going to be a candidate but hey, it’s San Diego so I will go and have a short beach vacation! I will probably be going there in June.
- Heading back to UW tomorrow to see Dr. Leary and get the results of my sleep study and see how to proceed. My medication seems to be working wonders even though I still have some pretty rough days.
- It’s May and it feels like summer! The warmer weather has been a godsend for my health. I am outside more! I walked around the block with Buster yesterday and barely had to stop! I also walked a great deal Sunday when I met my husband downtown after he ran Bloomsday! This is HUGE because six months ago I was barely able to walk 1/4 of a block!
- Something interesting is happening to my palate. I suddenly love spicy foods, the hotter the better. I also found that I was craving sour patch kids yesterday which I never cared for. Holy crap, I nearly ate the whole bag and then hid it from my son before he came home from school!
- Concerts I will see this month in order: Aesop Rock in Seattle on Friday (if I don’t have a heart cath), Violent Femmes on the 17th, The Cure in Portland with my bestie on the 28th and then I see The Cure in Boise again on June 2nd!! I am so excited!
- After a lot of debating, my best friend set up a Gofundme page on my behalf. I couldn’t be more appreciative of all who have already donated and been so generous! We truly have so many wonderful people in our lives! The donations will help with my medical bills and traveling to all these appointments! With funds already donated, I was able to order a small portable 02 unit. It’s so light wt and will help me get around so much easier! Thank you to all who donated, every dollar helps! Check out the link to learn more about the unit that is going to make me so happy! https://youtu.be/volW7IqOyP0